Welcome to The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia's wiki collaborative environment, powered by Atlassian Confluence.
The wiki as used here at CHOP represents expansion of a collaborative environment first developed by the Center for Biomedical Informatics (CBMi) at The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia and now hosted and administered by Research Information Systems.
In general, wikis are designed to allow you and your team to collaborate and share knowledge. This wiki can serve as a project management tool, a space to discuss new topics, a place to store documentation and file attachments, and a space to find out what's happening across the institution.
What can the CHOP wiki do for my team?
- Create and Share Content. Anyone can put content online, quickly and securely – just click 'Edit' and start typing. A fast, smart editor makes it easy to create rich pages and blogs complete with links, images, media, and more.
- Collaborate and Discuss. Start threaded discussions with comments that are secure, searchable, and linkable. Share content in seconds and @mention teammates in any page, blog post, or comment.
- Capture Knowledge. Capture the tacit knowledge of your co-workers, often trapped in email, in the wiki where it's never lost.
- Find Content Fast. Quick Navigation and Search makes sure you find what you're looking for, fast. Start typing and watch the wiki suggest pages, blogs, files, and people.
- File Sharing Made Easy. Never email a document again. Just drag files from your desktop into pages and blogs. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, PDF, media, and more – attach, embed, and share them all.
- Keep It Open or Closed. Permissions at the Space and Page level give you the flexibility to decide exactly who can view and edit your content.
- Build Your Own Network. Stay updated on the activity of those you work closest with. Follow users to create a Network and receive notifications of their wiki activity by email or RSS.
How do I get started?
If you do not have an account in this system, send an email to the CHOP wiki administrators at firstname.lastname@example.org to request one. Once you have created an account, you can log in to view your Dashboard, which will give you access to your user profile, your personal space, and your favorite pages and spaces. From there you can begin to navigate the site and contribute to content.
The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia Research Institute
The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia Research Institute is world-renown, leading research breakthroughs and medical innovations for more than 85 years. The Institute continues its dedication to translating innovative research findings to outstanding patient care. This commitment to excellence will move the CHOP Research Institute from a world-class research institute to the undisputed leader in improving the health of children.
The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia Research Institute fulfills the Hospital's long-standing dedication to pediatric research and its endeavors are the embodiment of the Hospital's "bench to bedside" philosophy. All research activities at Children's Hospital are administratively organized under the aegis of the CHOP Research Institute.
The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia
Since its start in 1855 as the nation's first hospital devoted exclusively to caring for children, The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia has been the birthplace for many dramatic firsts in pediatric medicine. The Hospital has fostered medical discoveries and innovations that have improved pediatric healthcare and saved countless children's lives.
Today, The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia is one of the leading pediatric hospitals and research facilities in the world. Our 150 years of innovation and service to our patients, their families and our community reflect an ongoing commitment to exceptional patient care, training new generations of pediatric healthcare providers and pioneering significant research initiatives.